The Maintenance Technician assists in all grounds, upkeep, maintenance, small repairs, and appliance work across the property.
Systems Operations Manager assigns all daily duties
• Complete building maintenance, repairs and renovations at the Emerald Lake Lodge, clubhouse, cabins, grounds and Staff Residence and other outbuildings as directed by the Systems Operations Manager
• Perform building maintenance which may include drywall repairs, painting, carpentry, tiling and grouting, sealing, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, furniture repairs, groundskeeping and other tasks.
• Perform grounds keeping maintenance and snow-removal by hand or with use of machinery
• Safely operate equipment and machinery such as a snow blower, front-end loader, forklift, table saw, power tools, etc.
• Perform shipping and receiving duties as required such as unloading wood deliveries, laundry deliveries, food deliveries, returning empty bottles, etc.
• Transport garbage and recycling from the lodge and other buildings to the main waste and recycling receptacles
• Perform security checks and respond to noise/disturbance complaints in guest rooms
• Perform maintenance in guest rooms as required (smoke detector alarming, fixing plumbing problems, addressing heating problems, replacing burnt out lightbulbs, etc.)
• Perform and record property and system checks (sewage treatment plant, generators, hot tub, water treatment systems, lift stations, vehicles, machinery, and other maintenance systems).
• Safely and competently fill chemical containers (hot tub chemicals, chemicals in the sewage plant, fueling vehicles, etc.)
• Inform the Systems Operations Manager when any problems with the mechanical systems are identified (sewage plant, water treatment system, lift stations, generators, etc.)
• Report any equipment or building damage or concerns to the Systems Operations Manager
• Drive guest shuttle outside of Bell hours
• Grade 12 Diploma is preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Basic carpentry, drywall repair and painting experience is required
• Skills in electrical, plumbing or tiling is desirable
• Must be able to perform basic maintenance and be able to troubleshoot problems
• Must work safely, and uphold a high standard for safety for self and others
• Must be able to learn how to operate firefighting equipment (extinguisher, hose, etc.)
• Must be able to learn how to safely work with chemicals (hot tub chlorine, etc.)
• Must be able to learn how to safely use power tools, equipment and machinery
• Must be able to perform outside work in all weather conditions
• Must be willing to work all shifts (AM, PM, and overnight shifts)
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be physically able to climb a ladder when required
• Physical demands include standing, bending, lifting (up to 80 pounds) and other positions
Must have Drivers License and Valid Abstract